Thursday, March 11, 2010

Teaching, the beginning

So I have not always wanted to be a teacher. I wanted to be a movie star, I wanted to be a famous director! Dude, I even wanted to be the girl version of James Bond! I used to run around my house and dive behind tables chairs hiding from the bullets. Ask my rents!

But then life hit and I had to figure out what I wanted to do with it. I graduated college all ready to devour the world when in fact it nearly devoured me. After a terrible car crash and a few deaths, I decided I wanted to help people. Did I become a nurse or a doctor? Heck no! I went into the most underrated, most time consuming, liver wasting, gray hair turning profession. I became a teacher! And what's worse, I became a high school English teacher. Most of the kids today don't even know what city they live in, let alone how to create a sentence. (I LOVE my students!)

This blog is going to be dedicated to all the funny, whacky, crazy teachers who are driven to those whacky, funny, crazy ways by our loving students. These students are the ones that make our lives as teachers a little bit more interesting and bearable. So their stories will be told too.

No comments:

Post a Comment