Monday, March 15, 2010

So what the heck?!

You know the days when you wake up that it is going to either be a great day or a day where you want to beat students senseless. Today, after waking up at 3 AM to change all the passwords to my most personal information, I should have stayed in bed.

So, during 6th period, as we are reading the novel NIGHT, I have a student start cheering for Shamu..she says, "When you go to Sea World and you see Shamu, think of me!" Of course we all stared at her in disbelief and she looks at everyone and then says, "Oh, that didn't sound right, did it?"

Do they wake up thinking, this is the day where I am going to sound like I don't use my brain? Do they think at all?

We are going to find out because I gave them a new assignment. They are going to be the teacher for the day. They each have to prepare a lesson and then of course teach the entire class for the entire period. Most of them were excited and then spend ten minutes just deciding what to wear. I will let you know how that goes...if anyone shows up in a hot neon yellow suit..oh wait, that was the last school I worked at....

No comments:

Post a Comment